Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Travel Advice: Bring Your Marriage Certificate

Since I have been writing some reviews on places and resorts. I think it would be wise to provide some travel advices, preparing fellow travellers from the unexpected.

The first travel advice for foreigners reading this blog, please bring along your marriage certificate with you when travelling to Malaysia. You don't want to go through the trauma of someone breaking into your hotel and interrogate you, claiming you have conducted "khalwat" while you were having a good sex in the middle of a full-moon night. Try to make a copy and hang it outside your room for maximum security. Any evidence to show that you are not a Muslim will be equally useful.

"Malaysia Truly Asia"? Is marriage certificate needed in other Asian country also? I will make sure I check before my next tour. Till then, enjoy your stay.


At 11:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

next year is visit malaysia year. the gomen must remember to add a tagline 'bring your marriage cert'. and do inform all overseas tour agencies to add in this advise too.

At 9:18 PM, Blogger Maverick SM said...

I will asked those dim-wit to fly kite and take me to the syariah court...

At 9:23 PM, Blogger seefei said...

malaysia marriage cert got female and male one. marriage couple may not be married to one another.

At 9:03 AM, Blogger O2Deprivation said...

lucia, that's a good idea! perhaps they should submit their marriage cert for visa approval purpose.

mave, I will make sure their name is on the news headline if they broke into my house middle of the night. After that, I will seek compensation from the relevant departments.

seefei, that's interesting, I didn't know that. I guess you just have to prepare more documents, i.e. wedding invitation card, phone bill, etc. Damn, it is tougher than my loan application.


Post a Comment

<< Home